I don’t think I could have been much more colour co-ordinated yesterday:
Dress (worn underneath): Warehouse
Tights: Topshop Shoes: Irregular Choice
Nails: Claire’s Matt Nude and Barry M: 47 Black
I’ve finished the front bodice of dress 2:
I made the toile from a polyester lining fabric as even the lightest weight calico would not give a realistic impression of how the real garment will look. To begin with I was having difficulty chalking out the pattern, never mind cutting it as it was slipping all over the place. However, then I remembered that Stefanie at Anna Scholz taught me a handy little trick: to tape the fabric onto paper keeping it secure and straight. It makes marking and cutting a million times easier. Before stitching the pintucks, I pressed them into place as advised in the “Sewing Technique Bible”. Again, this made my job a million times easier. I have started working on the pattern for the skirt today too, but need to do some modelling on the stand to get the shape right.