Today was the first day back to uni after our Christmas Break and it really was a break as all modules for the first semester had been submitted. I was really looking forward to going back, I get bored very quickly and hence spent the other day reorganising my wardrobe and cupboards the other day!! I came accross this little outfit that I’d kind of forgotten about, the skirt is an old favourite that I bought in New Zealand five years ago. I made the mock bow-tie last night with some black needle-cord, I think it finishes off the preppiness of this outfit nicely; I made the bow and then pinned it to the neck of my shirt. I just had one lecture this morning: Start-Up Planning and Promotion. We have a new lecturer for this module, I’m really excited to see what we can learn from her as she has some fantastic experience; she’s had a concession in Topshop and had her own shop off Carnaby Street for six years. The brief for this module is also really exciting for me, it will run alongside our Final Major Project so will be tailored to our specific goals. During the module I will get to:
- write an in-depth business plan.
- create a company logo and branding material.
- create a press release for my final products.
- create a look book/design pack.
- create business cards.
- design and create my website.
- write an artist statement about my Major Project to accompany my work for the end of year show.
- final illustration/design boards.
- photoshoot of final collection.
- create swing tags.
- bag design.
- create personal invites for the end of year show.
I’m mega excited about this brief, I get to write a more specific brief for myself and have already started brainstorming ideas; I’ll keep you posted.
Skirt: Supre, New Zealand
Bow-tie: Made by me!