On Friday I cut out and overlocked all the different pieces for the front of the dress. I have overlocked the cream and the red as they were beginning to fray straight away, the grey wool however is much more like a felt and therefore wasn’t necessary to overlock as it doesn’t fray at all. I was glad I didn’t need to overlock the grey, it took me long enough to overlock the red and cream; it was quite tricky to do because of all the corners and deep curves on the pieces. I’ve spent a very very large portion of my day putting the front together, obviously it is absolutely vital for this to be constructed perfectly and it has been so difficult; I’ve pinned, sewn, unpicked and started again several times for the sake of 2mm. Where you would normally think you could get away with such minute errors, on this occasion it makes all the difference. I cried at one point when I realised that I had sewn one of the red panels together inside out!! For the rest of the evening I’m going to do any hand stitching that needs doing (this is mainly where the corners of the cubes join into the dress) and then clip and press all curves and corners. Tomorrow morning I’m going to get up really early to re-toile the back of the dress before going into uni, then I’m hoping I’ll be able to get the dress finished in the afternoon as I then have another one to start. EEEKKK!!!!!
I was hoping that I’d be able to get some work done on my portfolio this weekend but I’ve just run out of time, I really need to get stuck into this tomorrow I hate when I don’t get as much done as I’ve planned (which seems to be most of the time at the moment, things keep taking longer than planned gggrrrrr)